Information for Students with special needsDisabilities, chronic diseases, or other forms of impairment may entail disadvantages for the students concerned and often require extra effort for the successful completion of a course of study.
Yet disabilities or chronic diseases must not hinder students from successfully completing their degrees. Through timely preparation, appropriate assistance, and several special arrangements many supposed obstacles can be avoided. We therefore offer:
- guidance in choosing the right course of study
- agreements on special arrangements for the selection process in case you are unable to participate in the regular procedure, or would suffer disadvantages if you did
- company and support during your studies, including various services to ensure a most “normal” daily routine at university (such as the arrangement for alternate examination procedures)
- further consulting e.g. on possible grants
- Should you intend to enroll for study at MCI, or already be a student at MCI, and feel at a disadvantage due to a disability or chronic disease, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Off to university!
The beginning of your study should be well prepared. You should therefore inform us about any impairment you suffer as early as possible, in particular if the impairment is not obvious. Through timely information also our teaching staff receive the possibility to prepare for your special needs. Any details enclosed to us will, of course, be treated confidentially. Should you still have reservations about speaking openly about your impairment, you may inform yourself anonymously of the options for support available in your particular case. We offer anonymous advice both by telephone and email.
Good to know!
Students with disabilities or chronic diseases are entitled to alternate examination methods if they are unable to participate in the regular examination due to their impairments. It is possible, for instance, to organize for an oral instead of a written exam if you are unable to write by hand. If need be, we may additionally grant extra time for the completion of your courses.
If you have any further queries or suggestions, please contact:
Mag. Tommy Mayr
Head of Department, Infrastructure & Organization
+43 512 2070-1110