Julia Voegele is a Research & Teaching Assistant in the Department Business and Management at the MCI - The Entrepreneurial School. She obtained both her BA degree in Tourism Business Studies and her MA degree in International Business and Management at the MCI. Her research activities focus on futures research, trend scouting, strategic foresight as well as sustainable innovation and entrepreneurship. She worked for the Tyrolean Tourist Board and was engaged in global megatrends research and their implications for transforming the Tyrolean tourism industry and society towards a sustainable future. Along these activities, she has developed close networks to the local entrepreneurship and start-up community in Tyrol. She has the ambition to deepen her academic profile in futures research, sustainability, and entrepreneurship by means of a PhD.
2022 - presentResearch & Teaching Assistant - - Teaching: Entrepreneurship, Practice Labs, Business Simulation Games (Business & Management); Global Trends in Tourism, Health & Sports (Tourism, Sports & Leisure Business); Contribution to the course Current Technologies (Management, Communication & IT)
- Research: Futures research, Strategic Foresight & Futures Literacy; Team member of the UNESCO Chair "Futures Capability in Innovation & Entrepreneurship"
- Administration: operative tasks, social media, SDGs in the study program - MCI | The Entrepreneurial University Group® 2017 - 2022Data & Innovation - - Statistics & data analysis; market, trend and future research
- Innovation projects in cooperation with startups & universities
- Planning, presentation and moderation of knowledge formats
- Support of knowledge platforms, such as www.ttr.tirol
- Key-notes on megatrends in tourism at TVB events and at MCI Tourism.
- Transfer project for future forecasts in tourism with Innsbruck University
(Project report at Tourism Fast Forward Congress 2021)
- Concept & roll-out trend lab by in-manas - Tyrol Tourist Board2017 - 2022Knowledge transfer, statistics, data management - - Strategic conception & planning of the knowledge platform
- Website Support & Content Management
- Online Analytics & Social Media - TTR Tirol Tourism Research2015 - 2016Hotel Management Traineeship - 6-month management traineeship at a 5-star luxury hotel near Dubai - Kempinski Hotels - United Arab Emirates
2022 - presentDoctor of Philosophy in Management - University of Innsbruck (Doctor of Philosophy (PhD))2019 - 2021International Business & Management - Management Center Innsbruck (Master of Arts (MA))2015Hospitality & Tourism - Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences (International Exchange Semester)2012 - 2015Tourism Business Studies - Management Center Innsbruck (Bachelor of Arts (BA))
Building Strategic Foresight Capabilities - EDHEC Business SchoolChange Management - MCI Executive EducationFutures Literacy Lab, Design & Facilitation - UNESCO(Certificate)Didactics for Higher Education - FHK Österreichische Fachhochschulkonferenz(Certificate)SDGs and PRME in Teaching - Management Center Innsbruck(Certificate)Getting started in Data Science with R - Fraunhofer Austria(Certificate)Open Data, Toucpoint Analysis & KPIs in Destination Management - Outdooractive Conference(Certificate)Digital Tourism Experts - Leopold-Franzens University of Innsbruck(Certificate)Semiotics - analysis basics & tools for decoding signs, context and narratives. - comrecon brand navigation KG(Certificate)Trends in Market Research Practice - BVM Berufsverband Deutscher Markt- und Sozialforscher e.V.(Certificate)Data Security - GDPR Compliance - CIS - Certification & Information Security Services GmbH(Certified Data Privacy Officer)
Entrepreneurship - MCI Bachelor "Business & Management"Business Simulation - MCI Bachelor "Business & Management"Introduction to Futures Research as part of the course "Current Technologies" - MCI Master Management, Communication & ITGlobal Trends in Tourism, Health & Sports - MCI Bachelor "Entrepreneurship, Tourism & Leisure Business"
2020 - 2021Project Manager - Perspektive Lebensraum Tirol 2030- Foresight Study - Lebensraum Tirol Holding GmbH & University of Innsbruck