The Master program in Mechatronics & Smart Technologies generates added mechatronic value over and above the sum of its component parts, namely mechanical engineering, electronics and IT. It builds on the fundamentals acquired in a relevant Bachelor or Diploma program and offers a high degree of practical relevance, an international orientation, close collaboration with trade and industry, and a strong focus on excellence and implementation.
The further development and interlinking of the three basic pillars of the program opens the door to technologies like electronic image processing, smart robotics, simulation and rapid manufacturing. With supporting classes in such fields as leadership, strategic management, marketing and business administration, the program is an ideal preparation for knowledge-based careers in industry and the service sector worldwide.
- The main steps to achieving the goals:
- Acquisition of in-depth knowledge in the core areas of mechatronics and the chosen major
- Acquisition of interdisciplinary system understanding and solution-based networked thinking abilities Learning versatile analysis and modeling techniques
- Consolidation of a scientific / technical problem-solving methodology
- Ability to apply modern processes of engineering science to specific problems using the latest methods and tools
- Development of capabilities in the fields of key economic and personal competence with a special focus on leadership